STEM Kit Program
The Civil Air Patrol’s STEM Kit program provides STEM resources for hands-on, inquiry-based learning. The STEM Kit program has been providing a selection of STEM Kits to CAP Unit Aerospace Education Officers (AEOs) and CAP educator members since January 23, 2013, to educate the next generation STEM workforce.
The kits come at no cost to recipients, are designed to enhance current CAP educational curriculum and programs, and will be ready for immediate implementation. CAP Unit AE Officers (or commanders), as well as CAP members who are educators, including AFJROTC instructors, can select one kit from the available options.
*** If you are a teacher or informal educator (such as Scouts or youth groups), you may join Civil Air Patrol as an Aerospace Education Member (AEM) and apply for these free kits. Find out about all of our free aerospace/STEM programs for educators, and, how to join HERE.
Impact of CAP’s STEM Kit Program
The STEM Kit program continues to set new records!
Totals so far for fiscal year 2021 (for STEM Kit applications received through September 2021):
- Filled 3,042 applications
- Distributed 7,283 STEM Kits
- Reached over 400,000 participants
Totals since 2013 (for STEM Kit applications received through September 2021):
- Filled 19,288 applications
- Distributed 35,299 STEM Kits
- Reached over 2 million participants
80% of participants are more interested in STEM after being involved in the STEM Kit program.
How to Participate
A. Members must be:
- CAP AEOs
- CAP Assistant AEOs
- Squadron Commanders
- Wing Commanders
- CAP Educator Members
B. Members must:
- Complete the online application form and submit
- Administer the Pre-test and gather results
- Spend at least 6 hours with the STEM Kit
- Administer the Post-test and gather results
- Complete the online evaluation form and submit